ARTISTS AND PROJECTS
ART MAP
AROUND THE WORLD
HAS MAGAZINE
English
Français
ABOUT US
The project
Founders and partners
Get involved
Who we are
Contact
Italy
Franca Formenti
FOODPOWER

Franca Formenti states: “to remix humanity is a form of contemporary cuisine”. To discover what you still don’t know about Zona Franca, we’ll let you discover it for yourself from the horse’s mouth.

Zona Franca is the continuation of a project which began in 2007 called FOODPOWER about the concept of food accessibility with a performance where all visitors were asked to arrive on an empty stomach.
Each visitor received a stamp on their hand at the entrance: 20% had a green stamp, 80% had a red stamp.

Only the green 20% could access the table full of food and if they understood the mechanism, they could also distribute the food to the other 80%.

Very few people understood the mechanism to share food, thus creating a frustrating and anxious situation. After the first FOODPOWER performance, other performances about the concept of food, accessibility and sharing took place… To discover what you still don’t know about Zona Franca, we’ll let you discover it for yourself from the horse’s mouth.

Culinary Art
Performance
Environment
http://www.foodpower.it/ www.zonafranca.biz
Italy
Culinary Art
Performance
Environment